26 March, 2005

Silly Bandit

My husband and I were sitting on the front porch last night, chatting. Okay, well, not chatting only...I was having a cigarette. We both saw something that we had never seen before. As we were chatting we saw at the end of the walk a beastie. At first I thought it was our kittie Stahrr, so did my husband, but as it got closer we realised that it was MUCH bigger than Stahrr. Funny thing is...this HUGE raccoon was waddling up our walk. I never thought they were that big. It was cute but I can imagine how much damage it could do to my little boy or to the cats if they weren't thinking and got too close. Apparently there are two that come into our yard and play, hence the roughed up lawn in the front. I was wondering about that!
More later about other beasties. Some are cute and nice but where I used to live one critter here is illegal. Yes, ILLEGAL!! They are killed before they get into the area and if you chance to have one as a pet you can and will be fined. RATS!!!!

No comments: