04 July, 2006

We have just experienced the brilliance and the idiocy of our southern neighbours on their Independance Day. First, the launch of Discovery in all it's glory! I had tears in my eyes when the orbiter turned and there was our Mother Earth in all her beauty.
The idiocy? We live in British Columbia, Canada. Roger's Wireless just phoned to see when
we were going to pay our son's cell phone bill. Now, you would think that they would have the correct information for billing. You would think that that was important. Apparently not.
The operator/collector asked Philip, "I just want to confirm that you are at 503 Blackburn Street, New Hampshire?".........NEW HAMPSHIRE?? That's on the other side of the continent. In another country! I wish they were sending the bills there, but NOOOO, somehow they get here to our address. I don't know how and I don't know why. Anyhow, not to insult anyone's intelligence, we paid the bill, online. Too bad someone in New Hampshire didn't.

No comments: